Headquartered at IUPUI
Locations on 8 IU Campuses

Social Work Licensure

The practice of social work is regulated separately in each state throughout the United States.  This means that in order to practice social work, one must have a license to do so.  The MSW graduate is immediately eligible to apply for the LSW (license to practice social work) upon graduation from IUSSW.  This entails applying through the Behavioral Health and Human Services Board and then passing a national examination.

A licensed LSW can begin to practice clinical social work under the supervision of an LCSW